About Paper Tree Together Rewards Club
Enjoy More with Together Rewards!
At Paper Tree, we're proud to reward all our Together Rewards Card members with 1 point (worth $1) for every $1 spent, along with exclusive offers, bonus points promotions, member exclusive gifts and more! Once you reach 100 points, we’ll give you a $5 reward to spend in-store.
Furthermore, members get the benefit of some crazy everyday deals on books, stationery and art & craft. Also, sign up for our regular rewards emails to keep up-to-date on the latest releases, offers, competitions, and events.
With Paper Tree Together Rewards, you can win a $50 in-store spend every month.
It’s free and easy to join!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most popular questions. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please contact us via our website.
How do rewards points work?
You earn 1 point for every $1 you spend except for purchases of agency products, Lotto, epay, prepaid envelopes, stamps and gift card purchases.
For every 100 points accumulated you will receive a $5 Reward to spend in-store. Points are stored on your Paper Tree Rewards Club account and are added to your membership the day after you have reached 100 points and are valid for 12 months from the date they are earned. Points do not have any value until they are converted into rewards, and cannot be redeemed for cash, gift cards or any Paper Tree products.
*The $5 Reward cannot currently be redeemed online but we’re looking forward to launching this soon.
How do I join the rewards club?
You can sign up at any Paper Tree store and pick up a card immediately.
How do I enter the monthly rewards competition?
With Paper Tree Together Rewards, you can win $50 to spend in-store at your local Paper Tree store.
Every time you make a purchase at Paper Tree and use your Paper Tree Together Rewards membership, you will automatically get one entry. You will get a bonus extra entry for every $50 you spend in that transaction.
Where can I use my rewards card?
At any Paper Tree store on any transaction. You will receive Paper Tree rewards points for qualifying items and prize draw entries (where applicable) with every eligible purchase when you swipe your Paper Tree Together Rewards card in-store.
How will I know if I have a reward?
In most cases it will appear on your receipt when you make a purchase, and you can ask in store. Rewards are available to be redeemed the same day as they are earned, but can’t be used in the same transaction.
How do I redeem my $5 reward?
Your Paper Tree $5 Reward can be redeemed at any Paper Tree store. Your Paper Tree Together Rewards card must be physically presented to redeem your rewards balance. The $5 Reward cannot currently be redeemed online but we’re looking forward to launching this soon.
No change will be given if the value of the current sale is less than the value of rewards redeemed.
Which categories can I redeem rewards for?
You can redeem your rewards on most categories including Books, Stationery, Games, Toys, Cards and Art & Craft.
Will I collect rewards points when I am redeeming a Paper Tree $5 Reward?
You don't earn points on the $5 reward, but you will earn reward points on the portion of the transaction that isn't paid for by the $5 Reward.
Do I get discounts with my rewards card?
One of the benefits of Paper Tree rewards membership is special member everyday deals. We'll let you know of the rewards club exclusive offers when you register in-store.
What if I forget my card in store?
Don’t worry, team members can look you up using your phone number so you can earn points and rewards.
What if I lose my card?
You can collect a new one in-store.
Can I gift Points/Rewards?
Unfortunately points and rewards can not be transferred to another membership.
Can I have multiple cards on the same membership?
No. You can have only one active card per membership. This is for your security as whoever has the card can spend any rewards that are on it.
How do I cancel my rewards membership?
You can cancel it by calling your local Paper Tree or visit the store and speak to a member of staff.
Terms & Conditions
1. Completing an application for membership (‘Membership’) in the Paper Tree Rewards Club (PTRC) and/or receipt and use of a Paper Tree Card (‘Card’) is deemed acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’), as amended by Paper Tree from time to time.
2. Applications for Membership may be completed in store. Failure to provide any information designated as ‘mandatory’ will mean you will be ineligible for Membership. All information provided by you must be true and correct. You agree to keep your details up to date at all times by advising a staff member in store.
3. Applications may be made by any individual who is a resident in New Zealand. Only one Membership is permitted per individual. Paper Tree reserves the right to accept or reject any application and shall not be required to provide any reason for such acceptance or rejection.
4. Whenever you purchase qualifying products from a Paper Tree store you will collect points (‘Points’) based on the amount spent. The amount of spend required per point and the products on which Points can be earned may vary from time to time. The list of qualifying products and spend required is detailed in item 23.
5. Points will be accumulated and stored on your card. For every 100 Points accumulated you will receive $5 in rewards (‘Rewards’). Rewards will be credited directly to your card the same day. Rewards are only credited to your card in denominations of $5. Points and rewards cannot be sold, and cannot be transferred to another person.
6. You should present your card on all purchases of Paper Tree products, even if you are not purchasing qualifying products. This is to enable Paper Tree to provide you with full benefits from the Rewards Club.
7. Points will expire 365 days after the date on which they were received if you have not collected sufficient points to convert into rewards. Unredeemed rewards will expire 52 weeks after the date on which they were credited to your card.
8. Points do not have any value until they are converted into rewards, and cannot be redeemed for cash, gift cards or any Paper Tree products. Rewards can only be redeemed in full $5 increments. To redeem your rewards you must purchase Paper Tree products in a category in which your rewards may be redeemed in a single transaction, the purchase price of which is greater than, or equal to the value of the rewards you are redeeming. The categories in which rewards may be redeemed may vary from time to time. The list of categories in which you can redeem rewards is noted in item 23. Where the purchase price exceeds the value of rewards on your
card, you must pay the difference. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards. Rewards can only be redeemed at Paper Tree retail stores and cannot be redeemed online.
9. When a reward is redeemed, points cannot be earned on the value of the rewards redeemed.
10. If, in accordance with Paper Tree’s return/exchange policy, you return a product on which you have earned points, the points earned in that transaction will be deducted from your points balance on your card and any rewards earned with those points, will be cancelled.
11. The Card is not a debit or a credit card. All Paper Tree’s Reward Club cards remain the property of Paper Tree at all times and must be surrendered on demand.
12. In the event that your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to request a new card in-store. You must advise Paper Tree as soon as you are aware your card is lost, stolen or damaged. Paper Tree does not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any resulting loss or theft of points or rewards.
13. You can collect points in-store whether you have your card with you or not, however you must identify yourself as a member before the transaction is completed. Members can only redeem rewards in-store by presenting their card at the time of payment. Your card may only be used for transactions made by you personally. Paper Tree reserves the right to require identification when collecting points, redeeming rewards, or otherwise using your card.
14. These Terms, including (without limitation) how points and rewards may be accumulated and/or redeemed and on which products and/or product categories, may be amended by Paper Tree at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Paper Tree may add or remove products and/or product categories eligible for the collection of points and rewards, offer bonus points or alter the level of spend required to accumulate points and/or rewards, whether temporarily or permanently, at its sole discretion. Continuing to use your card after changes to the terms are made is deemed acceptance of those changes.
15. From time to time Paper Tree may provide members with additional offers or promotions in connection with the card (‘Promotions’). These terms shall apply to such promotions in addition to any specific terms accompanying such promotions. In the event of any inconsistency, the specific terms of the promotion shall apply.
16. The PTRC may be terminated at any time without notice to you. In the event the Rewards Club is terminated, Paper Tree reserves the right to cancel all points accrued by you. However, any rewards that have been credited to your card prior to the date of termination will continue to be valid for the lesser of the period of 52 weeks after the date they were credited to your card and any other period notified by Paper Tree at the time of termination.
17. Paper Tree may revoke your membership at any time without notice and for any reason (including but not limited to fraudulent use of the card or behaviour which, in the view of Paper Tree, is not acceptable). In the event your membership is revoked, all accrued points and rewards will expire from the date of revocation and you will have no further entitlement in respect of the Rewards Club.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Paper Tree (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the reward club or any membership, including but not limited to, where arising out of: (a) any technical difficulties, network failures, virus or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Paper Tree’s control); (b) any loss, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with or of points, rewards, or the card; (c) any points or rewards that are not properly recorded against a member’s card; (d) participation in, or termination of, the Rewards Club.
19. Your personal information is collected to enable Paper Tree to provide you with the benefits of the Rewards Club. If you do not provide the requested personal information you will be ineligible for membership. All personal information provided by you will be held by Paper Tree, in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
20. Paper Tree employees or employees of their partner organisations are eligible to participate in the Loyalty Program however rewards points cannot be earned in any instance where staff discount has been redeemed.
21. Should you wish to leave the Paper Tree Rewards Club at any time, visit your local Paper Tree, return your rewards card and ask them to deactivate your account. You are free to leave the Paper Tree Rewards Club at any time.
22. “Paper Tree” means Paper Tree Group Limited. You can contact Paper Tree via our Contact Us page.
23. Qualifying products and categories: You will earn points on purchases of all products excluding agency products, phone cards, Lotto, iTunes cards, ePay, prepaid envelopes, stamps and gift card purchases.
24. The $5 rewards cannot be used for the purchase of, agency products, phone cards, Lotto, ePay, prepaid envelopes, stamps, gift cards and is not redeemable for cash.